Membership is open to U.S. nonprofits with 501(c)3 designation and Canadian Registered Charities with a Confirmation of Registration letter from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Member organizations must be willing and able to provide information to Grassroots.org for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this program.
- Member organizations must be willing and able to complete an annual survey.
- Member organizations must place a Grassroots.org banner on their homepage.
In order to become a Grassroots.org member (and be eligible for our free services) you must meet the following requirements*:
- Your primary purpose is charitable and you are registered nonprofit organization in the US (with 501c3) or Canada (with Canadian Charitable Registration Letter).
- Your primary purpose is non-religious. (Social service groups sponsored by a religious organization and serving the community at large may be eligible. Houses of worship or educational institutions with a solely religious curriculum, such as seminaries, are not eligible.)
- Your primary purpose is non-political. (No more than 20% of your total annual expenditures may be spent on lobbying or other political activities, and the Limited Free Service may not be used to support any such activities.)
- You are not primarily a trade or sector association. (Trade or sector associations serving exclusively charitable, nonprofit organizations may be eligible.)
- You do not individually discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, language, educational background or veteran status.
- Your primary purpose is not the promotion of an athletic team,event, tournament or competition, except as a fundraising activity for charitable purposes.
- Your primary purpose is not the promotion of conferences or seminars, unless such conferences or seminars promote nonprofit efficacy and/or charitable activities.
- You are not an individual.
*Grassroots.org reserves the right to deny services to any organization, for any reason, under any circumstances.